Services - Barton Webb-Peploe
- Anticoagulation/Warfarin Monitoring: We manage and monitor those patients that have been prescribed Warfarin.
- Contraception: We run a service for fitting/removing intra uterine contraceptive devices and implants.
- Minor Injuries: We can see and treat minor injuries such as lacerations and sprains by appointment with a nurse. There is also a walk in 'Urgent Treatment Centre' at Lymington Hospital (previously known as Minor Injuries Unit) open from 8am - 9pm
- Learning Disabilities Check: We conduct annual "Welsh Healthchecks" for patients on our learning disabilities register.
- NHS Health-Checks: Patients between the ages of 40-74 are periodically invited by letter to have a health-check at our surgery.
- Minor Surgery
Cervical Smear Tests
Smears are normally performed by the Practice Nurse. The test can detect cell changes in the cervix (neck of the womb), that can sometimes lead to cancer. If the changes are present, treatment is nearly always simple, effective and without major surgery. This is preventative test to stop cancer before it starts.
We recommend a test every 3 years from age 25 to 49 then 5 yearly from 50 to 64. Patients who have had a total hysterectomy do not usually need a smear. Ask your doctor or Practice Nurse if you are not sure.
- Childhood immunisations - for up to date recommended ages for immunisation in Hampshire please click on this link.
- Flu, pneumonia, shingles and pertussis immunisations for identified “at risk” groups
If you're in the 40-74 age group without a pre-existing condition, you can expect to receive a letter from your GP or local authority invitng you for a free NHS Health Check every 5 years.
If you are over 75 years and have not been seen by a doctor within the last 3 years, please make an appointment for a health check.
Sometimes we just need to be heard by someone who will listen. If you are finding life stressful, struggling with illness, lost someone close to you, suffering from loss of hope, feeling down, experiencing anxiety, or just need someone to talk to, we have appointments available at Barton Surgery with Tina Cumberlege who you can talk to and share in total confidence. To book an appointment please speak to reception.